We deliver anywhere in mainland UK and Northern Ireland using Royal Mail.
We pack your THUD box on Tuesdays each week. On average, Royal Mail delivers 93% of first class post the next day, which means most boxes arrive on Wednesdays. The box price includes delivery.
If your letterbox is too small (less than 18cm wide and 4cm high) or there is something behind it that will make the box difficult to fit all the way through (the THUD box is 45cm long), we suggest you give us special delivery instructions to include on the box for leaving it somewhere safe.
We have had such good experience with Royal Mail we guarantee your THUD box will arrive within 2 days (ie by Thursday). You’ll need to check if the postman has left a note asking you to pick up the box from a neighbour or the local delivery office. If that happens, let us know and we will suggest ways you can help the postman deliver THUD to your home in the future, such as changing the special delivery instructions. If you don’t receive the box or a note from the postman within 2 days, we will completely refund you the box price. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do this for up to 2 deliveries in a row. After that it may be better to choose a different delivery address, such as your workplace.
Royal Mail excludes December from its 93% next day delivery record because it’s such a busy period for Christmas cards and parcels. THUD won’t be offering its weekly postings of fresh ingredients during December and your THUD box postings will start again on the first Tuesday in January.
When you open your THUD box we want you to be completely amazed by what’s inside - in a good way. We are constantly trying to post exciting new ingredients and we want to make sure these travel well. However the odd rogue carrot may slip past our loving box packers. So if there is anything you think is not fresh or of good quality please write to us at email@example.com with a photo of the less-than- amazing ingredient. We will completely refund you the box price if any ingredients are not of satisfactory quality.
THUD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
THUD Limited specialise in the sourcing and delivery of fresh vegetables right to your door.
These terms and conditions apply to any order for products or subscription you place with us. Please read them carefully and let us know if you have any questions before ordering. You can get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately you will not be able to order from our site without accepting these terms and conditions.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on any subscription or order for products you make. We draw your attention in particular to our liability clause below.
HOW IT WORKS
You can signup register for an account and regular delivery of our delicious THUD boxes with vegetables, herbs and spices with us by clicking the SIGN UP button above and completing the details.
Once you have an account, you can make changes to your subscription or orders at any time.
We'll send you an email before dispatching your box with what’s inside, what’s on the menu and details on anything you’ll need to check in your larder or fridge or pop to the shop to buy for the following week. We may need to switch an ingredient or tweak a recipe if a fresh ingredient is no longer available or not up to our standards. If that happens we will email you so you know about the change before your box arrives.
We’ll also alert you to any allergens in the THUD box in our email so you have time to choose and skip that box if the allergen affects you. You can do this by logging in to your account.
We have an excellent record for delivery and would like to refer you to our delivery guarantee at the top which is incorporated into these terms and conditions.
WHAT IF THE CONTENTS ARE NOT UP TO SCRATCH?
The products we send you will fit their descriptions and be of satisfactory quality on delivery.
Please note that some of our ingredients are not included in the box because you will probably already have them in your larder or fridge, you can save money by buying in larger quantities and because we can’t fit some of the ingredients through the letterbox.
When you open your THUD box we want you to be happy with what’s inside. Please see our Amazement Guarantee above which is incorporated into these terms and conditions.
HOW A CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
You will be subject to these terms and conditions at the time that you order products from us. We may make changes to these terms and conditions if we notify you of them before we send you the dispatch confirmation. We have the right to assume that you accept the changes to the terms and conditions unless you notify us to the contrary within three working days of you taking delivery.
After an order for products is placed, we will email you acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy products by subscribing to a service. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that the products have been dispatched. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you the dispatch confirmation and each order is for a separate contract. The contract will only relate to the products given in the dispatch confirmation.
Due to the nature of the products, we are unable to accept orders from or deliver outside of mainland UK and Northern Ireland.
SIGNING UP FOR A SUBSCRIPTION
By signing up for a subscription you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring order and payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges until cancellation (more on that below). We may submit periodic charges (e.g. weekly) without further authorisation from you until you provide notice that you wish to terminate this authorisation or to change your payment method. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before we could reasonably act. To terminate your authorisation or change your payment method, please email us at email@example.com.
Please note that we use Cratejoy (www.cratejoy.com) to manage your subscription and process payments.
CANCELLING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION
Cancelling your subscription is easy. You just need to go to your account area and follow these steps: 1. Log in to your account on the THUD website. 2. Click on Preferences. 3. Click on the small edit box under ‘Your subscription(s)’. 4. Click on 'cancel my subscription' at the bottom of the page. 5. Follow the steps to cancel.
You can cancel your subscription at any time. Any changes by Saturday take effect for the following Tuesday's posting. You will not be charged for any cancellation but any payment owed to us will still be due. You can re-subscribe at any time following your cancellation, but we reserve the right not to permit re-subscription where we have previously elected to terminate a subscription with you.
We reserve the right at our absolute discretion not to renew your subscription at any time without giving any reasons for our decision. If you cancel the subscription, we will reimburse to you without undue delay all payments received from you less the loss in value of any products or THUD boxes already supplied, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment you used to place the order.
CANCELLING OR SKIPPING AN ORDER
You may cancel or skip an order for products for the following week but please note that you must cancel an order before the deadline we give you or it will be too late for us not to charge and deliver the following week’s THUD box.
Under regulation 28(1)(c) of the Consumer Contracts (Information, cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, contracts for the supply of goods are exempt from the right to withdrawal if those goods are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Our THUD boxes contain fresh ingredients and recipes to cook those ingredients and are exempt from the right to withdraw.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
We quote the price of the products and our delivery charges on our site from time to time. We may change our prices and delivery charges at any time but these changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a dispatch confirmation.
The price we quote for the THUD box includes delivery and VAT.
Payment for all products and subscriptions must be by credit or debit card.
If you are unhappy with your box for a legitimate reason such as: the box was missing ingredients, the box was damaged, the box did not arrive. We will offer an appropriate refund as long as it can be shown that the box you were charged for was not provided as it should have been.
If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions we shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the products ordered. Nothing shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury due to our negligence or any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
- If you place an order with us you will also agree to our terms and conditions of sale given above.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.thud.direct is a site operated by THUD Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09609406 and have our registered office at THUD Limited, Unit 28, Basepoint Business Centre, 1 Winnall Valley Road, Winchester SO23 0LD.
OUR SERVICES TO YOU
When you submit an enquiry or place an order through our site you will be asked to provide us with certain information including, without limitation, a valid email address, contact telephone number and any details you provide must be accurate and applicable to you.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy of any material placed by you on our site.
You understand and acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in your account and that if you cancel your account or your account is terminated, all your account information will be deleted from our site. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion. In addition, third parties may retain saved copies of your Information.
We reserve the right to delete your account and all of your information after a significant duration of inactivity.
If you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE AND SERVICES
We may update our site and our services from time to time. We may change the content of the site at any time.
However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it except in respect of produce we are currently offering for sale. We do not otherwise guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY FOR YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you may only use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site, including any post you make on a forum on our site or any information you send to us through our site (“Communications”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Communication as well as to its whole.
If you make any post on a forum on our site or send us any information through our site you agree that your Communications shall:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Communications must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You warrant that any such Communication does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you licence to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration with us is required in order for you to be able to use all features of our website.
When you register and use our website, you will need to provide (a) your name, email address, and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; and (d) information you enter into our system when using our website, such as contact information. We may also use the information you provide us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information and required notices.
In addition, our website may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of device you use, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our website.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that are already provided to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
You can stop all collection of information by discontinuing use of the website.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply you with our products;
- to process your payment for the products; and
- if you agreed, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
We share information with third parties only in the ways that are described below:
- Service Providers: We outsource some of our technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, and other services to third parties. We may share information from or about you with them so they can perform their services.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (i) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (ii) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Application; or (iii) necessary to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: The Application may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites and applications other than Cratejoy (www.cratejoy.com) which we use to process your payments. We are not responsible for their privacy practices. We recommend you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites and applications.
We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not offer our services to, nor knowingly solicit data from or market to, children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable period of time.
THUD Limited, Unit 28, Basepoint Business Centre, 1 Winnall Valley Road, Winchester SO23 0LD
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect all user information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use commercially reasonable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will retain data you submit to us only for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data was submitted (e.g., to respond to a customer service inquiry). Other information we collect (e.g., transaction data, UDID, application usage data) will be retained for as long as you have the application installed on your handset and for a reasonable time thereafter.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies; these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you have any questions on any of the above, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.